Do you do your own trims or mini chops?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you do your own trims or mini chops?

Post by tashacu02 on 15th March 2011, 10:29 pm

I haven't had a trim in a few months and it's time. But, throughout my transition I have not trusted anyone else with my hair besides myself and my sister (she lives 3 hours away). My stylist that I used when I was relaxed is great but I'm just not sure if she would handle my hair with the care it needs. She did a great job cutting my hair when I was relaxed but transitioning hair is a lot different...lol! So, when it is time for a trim or mini chop, do you do it yourself? If so, how (i.e. wet or dry, the pony tail method where you chop what is hanging out, etc.)? I would really rather do it myself but I don't want to mess it up because I still have at least 6 more months in my transition. Thanks!
tashacu02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you do your own trims or mini chops?

Post by Ambitious_Tiff on 18th March 2011, 6:40 pm

I have only gotten my hair trimmed once since transitioning and that was in the beginning. I will be going to a stylist soon but they will only be doing the trim. I think I am going to flat iron my hair, let them take off about a half inch, and zoom home to wash and do a protein treatment, lol. When my big chop finally comes, I am going to do it myself.
Ambitious_Tiff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj on 18th March 2011, 9:00 pm

I've done my own mini trims or dusting since I went natural. The big chop was a random act that started in the shower. I just wanted to see my hair without the straight ends, so I cut most of them off. After that I did dustings when my hair was in twists. I did mini search and destroys looking for those leftover straight, split or frazzled ends.

I straightened my hair last summer for a hot second because I thought I'd need a major cut to get everything even. I was surprised that my hair was very even, the ends were in excellent shape. I was amazed. So now I just do my mini dustings and search and destroys. Next month I'll probably blow it again for a length and ends check.
Madeaj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 on 19th March 2011, 12:54 pm

I love your quote TIff!!

Back to the subject lol when I trim, I twist my hair and then trim the strands that are too scraggly to go into the twist if that makes sense.
aprilj90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top