HELP! (cliche i know lol)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP! (cliche i know lol)

Post by tcj231 on 10th March 2011, 11:59 am

Hi Yall,
I am fairly new at this going natural thing, and I SUCK! My mom is a hairdresser and since I was old enough to get perms she would try the just for me perms in my hair but it would never straighten out my curly hair! So she then started to put motions in my hair, as I got older and began to tend to my own hair I wouldn't regularly depend on perms, I would just throw it in if I could not manage my hair. Now that I'm 21 and off at school I've been to so many beauticians who have cut and done everything to my hair under the sun! So I would just rely on weaves because I couldn't depend on anyone to take care of my hair so far away from home. Now its been 7 months since I have not had perm.. Every now and then I will go to get it blown out, but when my stylist can't do it IM OUT OF LUCK! I dont know what should i do (as far as a daily regimen). I live in GA and the weather her is so crazy. And I am terrified of the BC because my forehead is sooo huge. So I need help as far as products, styles, anything you offering i'm taking lol!! Any suggestions ladies?? by the way I don't really know my hair type and its so soft and fragile, so it breaks easily..right now I just keep it in a ponytail with a weave bun (im new to this so I don't know if I uploaded these pictures right, sorry!)

Attempted rollerset

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Blowout- That I rarely get done because I don't want to mess up my curl pattern?

The Sew ins i usually try to keep in

New Growth So Far (since Sept. 2010)

No

tcj231

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HELP! (cliche i know lol)

Post by molove87 on 10th March 2011, 1:59 pm

Hi tcj 231. What products are you using when you're not rocking a sew in? And when you have your hair sew-in, are you still moisturizing? Have you searched YT and CN for ideas on styles? You have twists, twists and curl, bantu knots, braidouts, or flat twist. Learning your hair is trial and error, so don't get discouraged. It may help to keep a hair journal..keep track of the style, the products, and the results. Take pics if you have to.. I DID! Keep in mind less IS more. Don't pile too many products in your hair when trying to achieve a style. hth Very Happy
molove87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tcj231 on 10th March 2011, 2:20 pm

Well The only thing I have been using is Nioxin, The shampoo, conditioner, and the follicle stimulator (for my edges to thicken). I put olive oil moisterizer in it everyday, but that's it really. Also, when I wear a sew in i dont really moisturize, I don't know how to approach it. I have been searching youtube for styles but when its time to mock them they look horrible lol

tcj231

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum