Sensitivity Of Naturals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by infamous doll on 9th March 2011, 1:55 pm

Im actually a transitioner and I want to be fully natural. To try something new and for healthy hair reasons. I find that as I get more deep into this "natural" thing, I find that there are alot of really sensitive and sometimes rude naturals. You can make a comment like "omg you have so many products and you are beyond PJ (which is the title of the vid) you are hoarding lol and i could imagine the cost of all that" And someone will take it all out of context and call you a hater and everything under the sun. Errrr! Its like where did that come from. Or when you say "I thought my natural hair was a different texture more curlier but Im more coarse" then you get flack, you cant even vent for goodness sake. Lord dont say that you, yourself are nappy (yeah I have those days where I say it), then you will get a mob on your hands. Everyday you are not going to LIKE your hair!!! Then some say you arent truly natural if you rocking wigs and such. I mean people are making it more than it has to be. I never had to do a DO and DONT DO when I was permed so I didnt know that there were a such in the NATURAL WORLD. I mean its like walking on egg shells sometimes. It doesnt make any sense at all...I got so mad at one of the naturals I talked to one day that I was going to put a perm in because I DID NOT sign up for all this EXTRA. But I didnt perm because I wont a few people deter me. I know everyone is not like this but I just had to get this off my chest cause it was burning me up inside.
avatar
infamous doll

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-03-02
Location : UmmHmm, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by Ambitious_Tiff on 9th March 2011, 2:11 pm

I feel you. Sometimes people do get a little over zealous. Its not just naturals though, its people in general that are passionate about anything. Like it gets on my nerves when someone gets "enlightened" then tries to judge you or tell you how you should be managing your day to day or living your life in general. Rolling Eyes Anyway, I just have to look over them. I think the intention is good but perhaps the method of delivery is bad. But then again there are some people out there that are just nasty. When you're feeling bad, maybe focusing more on the destination than the journey will help.
avatar
Ambitious_Tiff

Posts : 974
Join date : 2010-12-02
Age : 30
Location : Montgomery, AL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by Madeaj on 9th March 2011, 2:16 pm

Vent here, girl! Very Happy You are going to get Fanatics everywhere. When I went natural I said I'd never put heat in or straighten my hair again. But last year, I wanted to see how my hair looked straight so I drenched it in heat protectent, blew it dry and flat ironed it.

You would have thought I killed kittens or something. One lady said "Aha, I knew you were lying!" OMGoodness, I thought. Its just hair and my hair at that. Can't I do what I want? It wasn't a religious vow or anything.

Ignore them and do what you want to your hair. There are soooo many other more important things I say don't stress yourself about those people.
avatar
Madeaj

Posts : 372
Join date : 2010-09-16
Location : Raleigh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by infamous doll on 9th March 2011, 2:35 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:I feel you. Sometimes people do get a little over zealous. Its not just naturals though, its people in general that are passionate about anything. Like it gets on my nerves when someone gets "enlightened" then tries to judge you or tell you how you should be managing your day to day or living your life in general. Rolling Eyes Anyway, I just have to look over them. I think the intention is good but perhaps the method of delivery is bad. But then again there are some people out there that are just nasty. When you're feeling bad, maybe focusing more on the destination than the journey will help.
LOL thanks, they try to tell you the correct way to say this or that, its like back off already. And I am patiently waiting on my full natural hair, I only been transitioning for 4 months now but I am so anxious. BTW yours is GORG!
avatar
infamous doll

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-03-02
Location : UmmHmm, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by infamous doll on 9th March 2011, 2:46 pm

Madeaj wrote:Vent here, girl! Very Happy You are going to get Fanatics everywhere. When I went natural I said I'd never put heat in or straighten my hair again. But last year, I wanted to see how my hair looked straight so I drenched it in heat protectent, blew it dry and flat ironed it.

You would have thought I killed kittens or something. One lady said "Aha, I knew you were lying!" OMGoodness, I thought. Its just hair and my hair at that. Can't I do what I want? It wasn't a religious vow or anything.

Ignore them and do what you want to your hair. There are soooo many other more important things I say don't stress yourself about those people.

LOL NEVER say straighten or NAPPY cause in the far distance you will hear someone yell "STONE HERRRRRRRRR" lol. Thats how deep it is lol. If you do straighten according to them, it should be just to get ends clipped not for the enjoyment of rocking different styles and textures. And they will scare the devil out of you because they will instantly say you have heat damage and you need to cut your locks off. People going around chopping there own hair unevenly and everything. Its like dont freak out and do spontaneous things cause everyone else say you should. I want the natural hair so I can be versatile. Straightened sometimes and sometimes wear it kinky coily or whatever. And yeah when I start doing YT vids on natural hair, I know Im going to get it but hey its whatever because Im me and noone else. Thanks for the understanding girlie
avatar
infamous doll

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-03-02
Location : UmmHmm, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by makeupvixen on 9th March 2011, 2:53 pm

infamous doll wrote:Im actually a transitioner and I want to be fully natural. To try something new and for healthy hair reasons. I find that as I get more deep into this "natural" thing, I find that there are alot of really sensitive and sometimes rude naturals. You can make a comment like "omg you have so many products and you are beyond PJ (which is the title of the vid) you are hoarding lol and i could imagine the cost of all that" And someone will take it all out of context and call you a hater and everything under the sun. Errrr! Its like where did that come from. Or when you say "I thought my natural hair was a different texture more curlier but Im more coarse" then you get flack, you cant even vent for goodness sake. Lord dont say that you, yourself are nappy (yeah I have those days where I say it), then you will get a mob on your hands. Everyday you are not going to LIKE your hair!!! Then some say you arent truly natural if you rocking wigs and such. I mean people are making it more than it has to be. I never had to do a DO and DONT DO when I was permed so I didnt know that there were a such in the NATURAL WORLD. I mean its like walking on egg shells sometimes. It doesnt make any sense at all...I got so mad at one of the naturals I talked to one day that I was going to put a perm in because I DID NOT sign up for all this EXTRA. But I didnt perm because I wont a few people deter me. I know everyone is not like this but I just had to get this off my chest cause it was burning me up inside.


Which video is that? I would love tot ake a look at it...

Everyone will always have something negative to say, that's life.
avatar
makeupvixen

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-11-06
Age : 37
Location : Inglewood, CA

View user profile http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by infamous doll on 9th March 2011, 3:19 pm

makeupvixen wrote:
infamous doll wrote:Im actually a transitioner and I want to be fully natural. To try something new and for healthy hair reasons. I find that as I get more deep into this "natural" thing, I find that there are alot of really sensitive and sometimes rude naturals. You can make a comment like "omg you have so many products and you are beyond PJ (which is the title of the vid) you are hoarding lol and i could imagine the cost of all that" And someone will take it all out of context and call you a hater and everything under the sun. Errrr! Its like where did that come from. Or when you say "I thought my natural hair was a different texture more curlier but Im more coarse" then you get flack, you cant even vent for goodness sake. Lord dont say that you, yourself are nappy (yeah I have those days where I say it), then you will get a mob on your hands. Everyday you are not going to LIKE your hair!!! Then some say you arent truly natural if you rocking wigs and such. I mean people are making it more than it has to be. I never had to do a DO and DONT DO when I was permed so I didnt know that there were a such in the NATURAL WORLD. I mean its like walking on egg shells sometimes. It doesnt make any sense at all...I got so mad at one of the naturals I talked to one day that I was going to put a perm in because I DID NOT sign up for all this EXTRA. But I didnt perm because I wont a few people deter me. I know everyone is not like this but I just had to get this off my chest cause it was burning me up inside.


Which video is that? I would love tot ake a look at it...

Everyone will always have something negative to say, that's life.

Hey TASTIREDBONE! Imma send you the message.
avatar
infamous doll

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-03-02
Location : UmmHmm, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by makeupvixen on 9th March 2011, 3:39 pm

infamous doll wrote:
makeupvixen wrote:
infamous doll wrote:Im actually a transitioner and I want to be fully natural. To try something new and for healthy hair reasons. I find that as I get more deep into this "natural" thing, I find that there are alot of really sensitive and sometimes rude naturals. You can make a comment like "omg you have so many products and you are beyond PJ (which is the title of the vid) you are hoarding lol and i could imagine the cost of all that" And someone will take it all out of context and call you a hater and everything under the sun. Errrr! Its like where did that come from. Or when you say "I thought my natural hair was a different texture more curlier but Im more coarse" then you get flack, you cant even vent for goodness sake. Lord dont say that you, yourself are nappy (yeah I have those days where I say it), then you will get a mob on your hands. Everyday you are not going to LIKE your hair!!! Then some say you arent truly natural if you rocking wigs and such. I mean people are making it more than it has to be. I never had to do a DO and DONT DO when I was permed so I didnt know that there were a such in the NATURAL WORLD. I mean its like walking on egg shells sometimes. It doesnt make any sense at all...I got so mad at one of the naturals I talked to one day that I was going to put a perm in because I DID NOT sign up for all this EXTRA. But I didnt perm because I wont a few people deter me. I know everyone is not like this but I just had to get this off my chest cause it was burning me up inside.


Which video is that? I would love tot ake a look at it...

Everyone will always have something negative to say, that's life.

Hey TASTIREDBONE! Imma send you the message.


Thanks sweetie.

I'm actually taking the time to block the haters and negetive people from my channel. I had to block about 12 so far and remove their comments. It's gotten kind of bad but I'm still like Whatever. So any info I have will help. I already said my peace on in a response video and have moved on.
avatar
makeupvixen

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-11-06
Age : 37
Location : Inglewood, CA

View user profile http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by Ambitious_Tiff on 9th March 2011, 3:54 pm

infamous doll wrote: LOL thanks, they try to tell you the correct way to say this or that, its like back off already. And I am patiently waiting on my full natural hair, I only been transitioning for 4 months now but I am so anxious. BTW yours is GORG!

Why thank you! Lol, I'm a natural imposter. Very Happy Trying to grow out this heat damage. How long do you plan to transition for?

Madeaj wrote:You are going to get Fanatics everywhere.

You would have thought I killed kittens or something. One lady said "Aha, I knew you were lying!" OMGoodness, I thought. Its just hair and my hair at that. Can't I do what I want? It wasn't a religious vow or anything.

Ignore them and do what you want to your hair. There are soooo many other more important things I say don't stress yourself about those people.

Amen! You said something then!! Isn't it weird how peple are so quick to call you a liar. especially if your hair is long.

infamous doll wrote:LOL NEVER say straighten or NAPPY cause in the far distance you will hear someone yell "STONE HERRRRRRRRR" lol. Thats how deep it is lol. If you do straighten according to them, it should be just to get ends clipped not for the enjoyment of rocking different styles and textures. And they will scare the devil out of you because they will instantly say you have heat damage and you need to cut your locks off. People going around chopping there own hair unevenly and everything. Its like dont freak out and do spontaneous things cause everyone else say you should. I want the natural hair so I can be versatile. Straightened sometimes and sometimes wear it kinky coily or whatever. And yeah when I start doing YT vids on natural hair, I know Im going to get it but hey its whatever because Im me and noone else. Thanks for the understanding girlie

BWAHAHAHAHA!! Razz

avatar
Ambitious_Tiff

Posts : 974
Join date : 2010-12-02
Age : 30
Location : Montgomery, AL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by infamous doll on 9th March 2011, 4:03 pm

makeupvixen wrote:
infamous doll wrote:
makeupvixen wrote:
infamous doll wrote:Im actually a transitioner and I want to be fully natural. To try something new and for healthy hair reasons. I find that as I get more deep into this "natural" thing, I find that there are alot of really sensitive and sometimes rude naturals. You can make a comment like "omg you have so many products and you are beyond PJ (which is the title of the vid) you are hoarding lol and i could imagine the cost of all that" And someone will take it all out of context and call you a hater and everything under the sun. Errrr! Its like where did that come from. Or when you say "I thought my natural hair was a different texture more curlier but Im more coarse" then you get flack, you cant even vent for goodness sake. Lord dont say that you, yourself are nappy (yeah I have those days where I say it), then you will get a mob on your hands. Everyday you are not going to LIKE your hair!!! Then some say you arent truly natural if you rocking wigs and such. I mean people are making it more than it has to be. I never had to do a DO and DONT DO when I was permed so I didnt know that there were a such in the NATURAL WORLD. I mean its like walking on egg shells sometimes. It doesnt make any sense at all...I got so mad at one of the naturals I talked to one day that I was going to put a perm in because I DID NOT sign up for all this EXTRA. But I didnt perm because I wont a few people deter me. I know everyone is not like this but I just had to get this off my chest cause it was burning me up inside.


Which video is that? I would love tot ake a look at it...

Everyone will always have something negative to say, that's life.

Hey TASTIREDBONE! Imma send you the message.


Thanks sweetie.

I'm actually taking the time to block the haters and negetive people from my channel. I had to block about 12 so far and remove their comments. It's gotten kind of bad but I'm still like Whatever. So any info I have will help. I already said my peace on in a response video and have moved on.

LOL girl Im telling you, its a trip. As long as you stay true to yourself you wont have no problem keeping it movin. But girl I aint gonna lie when I saw that comment from her, Im sure my wig was flying off my head from steam lol. Im like where did that come from. Negative...where? lol. But anywho I saw your 2nd vid, I know not to ever complain about my job cause I see what BS you working with. Sad that people can be so ignorant and vile and no steps have been taken to ensure you a great working experience. SMH but anyway girlie, stay positive, something is bound to come up better
avatar
infamous doll

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-03-02
Location : UmmHmm, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by Lynnieluve on 9th March 2011, 4:04 pm

You don't have to worry about that on this forum. Everyone is very helpful and supportive.

I can't stand all that negativity. When I watch youtube vids, I'll leave a comment but I try not to read them because of what you stated.

ETA: I transitioned exactly 4 months and BC. How long do you plan to transition? Welcome to the CN family!

_________________
Self BC: August 9, 2009
"God will never put more on you than you can bear"

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
avatar
Lynnieluve

Posts : 8638
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 39
Location : Mississippi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by infamous doll on 9th March 2011, 4:38 pm

I plan on transitioning for a year or if my hair is long enough to where I feel comfortable, I will chop the rest off. I know its a slow process so I wont try to be overly stressed about the growing. And thanks LYNNIELUVE for the welcome. This place is pretty cool and positive from what I experience
avatar
infamous doll

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-03-02
Location : UmmHmm, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by infamous doll on 9th March 2011, 4:45 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:You don't have to worry about that on this forum. Everyone is very helpful and supportive.

I can't stand all that negativity. When I watch youtube vids, I'll leave a comment but I try not to read them because of what you stated.

ETA: I transitioned exactly 4 months and BC. How long do you plan to transition? Welcome to the CN family!

BTW your hair is so pretty also, I went to your YT and saw how shiny and healthy it look! And thats kinda hard with the texture that we have. Cause some days my hair be dead and dry with the new growth I have but some days I be live, "ITS ALIVEEEEE" and very shiny. Thats usually after I have washed my hair and used the acv rinse
avatar
infamous doll

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-03-02
Location : UmmHmm, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by elitebeauty13 on 10th March 2011, 2:14 am

infamous doll wrote:Im actually a transitioner and I want to be fully natural. To try something new and for healthy hair reasons. I find that as I get more deep into this "natural" thing, I find that there are alot of really sensitive and sometimes rude naturals. You can make a comment like "omg you have so many products and you are beyond PJ (which is the title of the vid) you are hoarding lol and i could imagine the cost of all that" And someone will take it all out of context and call you a hater and everything under the sun. Errrr! Its like where did that come from. Or when you say "I thought my natural hair was a different texture more curlier but Im more coarse" then you get flack, you cant even vent for goodness sake. Lord dont say that you, yourself are nappy (yeah I have those days where I say it), then you will get a mob on your hands. Everyday you are not going to LIKE your hair!!! Then some say you arent truly natural if you rocking wigs and such. I mean people are making it more than it has to be. I never had to do a DO and DONT DO when I was permed so I didnt know that there were a such in the NATURAL WORLD. I mean its like walking on egg shells sometimes. It doesnt make any sense at all...I got so mad at one of the naturals I talked to one day that I was going to put a perm in because I DID NOT sign up for all this EXTRA. But I didnt perm because I wont a few people deter me. I know everyone is not like this but I just had to get this off my chest cause it was burning me up inside.

I've seen this catty behavior too many times for comfort from many people in comments on natural hair videos on youtube. I think that some people take hair too serious and let it define who they are. To the bolded, I didn't know there were "rules" for the natural world either. Girl, if they are, I know I've probably broken them all...lol. As I progress on my natural journey my goal is to have a balance between healthy hair practices and having fun with my hair. I know that if my hair stops being fun for me, I'll won't be too inclined to take care of it. Sad, but true...and I accept that as my reality.

Good luck during your transition and listen to your hair's needs and block out the negativity.
avatar
elitebeauty13

Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 32
Location : Greensboro, NC

View user profile http://elitebeauty13.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by infamous doll on 10th March 2011, 4:14 am

elitebeauty13 wrote:
infamous doll wrote:Im actually a transitioner and I want to be fully natural. To try something new and for healthy hair reasons. I find that as I get more deep into this "natural" thing, I find that there are alot of really sensitive and sometimes rude naturals. You can make a comment like "omg you have so many products and you are beyond PJ (which is the title of the vid) you are hoarding lol and i could imagine the cost of all that" And someone will take it all out of context and call you a hater and everything under the sun. Errrr! Its like where did that come from. Or when you say "I thought my natural hair was a different texture more curlier but Im more coarse" then you get flack, you cant even vent for goodness sake. Lord dont say that you, yourself are nappy (yeah I have those days where I say it), then you will get a mob on your hands. Everyday you are not going to LIKE your hair!!! Then some say you arent truly natural if you rocking wigs and such. I mean people are making it more than it has to be. I never had to do a DO and DONT DO when I was permed so I didnt know that there were a such in the NATURAL WORLD. I mean its like walking on egg shells sometimes. It doesnt make any sense at all...I got so mad at one of the naturals I talked to one day that I was going to put a perm in because I DID NOT sign up for all this EXTRA. But I didnt perm because I wont a few people deter me. I know everyone is not like this but I just had to get this off my chest cause it was burning me up inside.

I've seen this catty behavior too many times for comfort from many people in comments on natural hair videos on youtube. I think that some people take hair too serious and let it define who they are. To the bolded, I didn't know there were "rules" for the natural world either. Girl, if they are, I know I've probably broken them all...lol. As I progress on my natural journey my goal is to have a balance between healthy hair practices and having fun with my hair. I know that if my hair stops being fun for me, I'll won't be too inclined to take care of it. Sad, but true...and I accept that as my reality.

Good luck during your transition and listen to your hair's needs and block out the negativity.

Thank you and I totally agree with you! You suppose to have fun with your hair, not be a slave to it. And now that Im transitioning, I take care of my hair much better because before I didnt do nothing to it. The sebum was all that was moisturizing it due to me wrapping my permed hair. Now, its taking a little extra tlc. Good luck with your transition! Smile
avatar
infamous doll

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-03-02
Location : UmmHmm, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by BrownSkinDiva on 10th March 2011, 10:22 am

This is a very interesting topic, I was thinking about this just the other day.There are some naturals who do go off when you make certain comments that arent to their liking. Ive come in contact with some in person, on youtube, and in the hair forums. I really feel that you have to be true to yourself, if you feel like youre having a bad hair day or just want to vent about your hair then do it, dont walk on eggshells because someone may get offended about what youre saying about YOUR hair. However, there are some things that you may not want to say to someone else about their hair, there are folks who get offended if you call their hair nappy, or other things of that nature. Its kinda like, you know the kind of conversation you can have with some folks, you cant have with others, so you may just need to watch what you say to certain people if yall dont have a candid relationship or get offended easily.
avatar
BrownSkinDiva

Posts : 798
Join date : 2009-12-03
Age : 35
Location : Raleigh/Durham, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by creolebeauty1 on 10th March 2011, 12:07 pm

People in general like Thif said tend to get carried away and forget a few rules like respect , and that growing having natural hair is a mental as well as physical process and each individual will cope to their best ability and instead of tearing each other down we should support one and another
avatar
creolebeauty1

Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensitivity Of Naturals

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum