CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cantu Shea Butter Mystery

4 posters

Go down

Cantu Shea Butter Mystery Empty Cantu Shea Butter Mystery

Post by Chelnmike816 3rd March 2011, 10:00 pm

Hey Ladies

I have a mystery that needs help solving.I use cantu shea butter once weekly for my wash and go's. This one time that i tried two strand twists it reacted differently.I know for sure that can't use anything with cantu or you'll get little white balls in your hair.But this was weird.Usually that rule applies to wet hair.I did twist and then took them down the next day for a twist out and when i took my twists down there were little white balls in my hair.So i played it off and thought something just was in my hair not thinking of the product.So i put my bonnet back on to go take my hubby to work.When i got home and took my bonnet off this white balls were everywhere and they were a little squishy. I know forsure its from the cantu but what is going on.

I thought it was gonna be my staple but i guess not.

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Cantu Shea Butter Mystery Empty Re: Cantu Shea Butter Mystery

Post by Madeaj 3rd March 2011, 10:53 pm

What other products did you use? That is usually some kind of ingredient reaction. Some gels or gel like products will react with petrolium or silicone products.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelnmike816 3rd March 2011, 10:56 pm

I used nothing else but the Cantu because i know how it can act with other products

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 3rd March 2011, 11:02 pm

Which Cantu shea butter product did you use? I'm trying to look at the ingredients. I have the cantu pomade.

If its the leave-in, that product could leave little white balls. It has some gel properties. Its like a mix of conditioner and a gel that doesn't stay mixed well for some reason. I had that and I had to get rid of it. It worked for a minute and then my twists had these squishy balls stuck in. I had to clarify twice to get them out. I thought I used too much, but it happened a second time just not as bad.

Last edited by Madeaj on 3rd March 2011, 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a paragraph)
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelnmike816 3rd March 2011, 11:45 pm

Yes its the leave in.That's exactly what happened.Dang back on the hunt again for another product

BYE CANTU

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturallynike 4th March 2011, 6:45 am

It sounds like you may need to clarify...Cantu builds up with continued use...and you may have some of the product mixed in your hair with whatever you were washing you hair with...

Naturallynike

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelnmike816 5th March 2011, 1:24 am

i washed with a sulfate today and just noticed i still had white balls in my hair.This stuff will not come out.I'm gonna have to wash again.

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 5th March 2011, 10:54 pm

Thats a lot of build up. I think I am going to retire my Cantu shea butter strengther. I really didn't like the consistance anyway.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturallynike 6th March 2011, 7:00 am

Chelnmike816 wrote:i washed with a sulfate today and just noticed i still had white balls in my hair.This stuff will not come out.I'm gonna have to wash again.

A regular sulfate shampoo may not be enough, try an actual clarifying shampoo....Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo is GREAT at getting gunk out, its one of the strongest shampoo's out there...just make sure you DC after...

Naturallynike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down