first date hair

View previous topic View next topic Go down

first date hair

Post by suqiit on 2nd March 2011, 7:16 pm

I could really use some suggestions! I'm mostly a wash and go girl, but I think I want something bigger for my first date.

ETA: the avi pic is from july? so I have lots more hair than that now
suqiit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: first date hair

Post by MsRosieVelt on 2nd March 2011, 8:48 pm

First dates are so much fun.... I really like flat twists, going up on the side, and a puff right over the ear. or maybe a fro hawk pinned with some really nice clips. If you have time a twist out can be really BIG. Just a few suggestions. Good luck on your date.
MsRosieVelt

View user profile http://www.msrosievelt.com

Back to top Go down

Post by suqiit on 2nd March 2011, 9:00 pm

I'm soooo not talented when it comes to braiding/twist. I can't do a flat twist to save my life!!! But maybe a twistout would be cool, gotta figure it out soon though!
suqiit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard on 2nd March 2011, 9:28 pm

I'm gearing up for a first date, and I am most definitely wearing my hair in a fluffy, full, but defined twist out that has been sealed with a light, but yummy smelling oil or butter. I'm doing this because; 1. I normally wear my hair in a twist out. I don't want to do too much experimentation and have a hair disaster on a 1st date. 2. He complimented me on my hair when he first approached me (he actually went to touch it, but caught himself and backed down). I have a feeling he is going to have his hands and nose in my hair (which I don't mind) so I figured I'll be prepared.
So I say go with what you know. Do what you would normally do (to avoid any mishaps) but throw in something a little different (like a flower, headband, nice smelling butter, etc.)
AimWard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest on 2nd March 2011, 9:34 pm

I agree with @AimWard ... don't use too much product though... if you aren't able to twist your hair up... maybe you can pin it up in some way...
psbest

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest on 2nd March 2011, 9:35 pm

with the twist out
psbest

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls on 2nd March 2011, 9:50 pm

i love the hair accessories idea...spruce up your do with a cute headband/flower/clip and maybe pin one side of your hair back for an asymmetrical look...or maybe even both sides! i probably wouldn't venture too much from the norm if you don't have a lot of time to prepare. enjoy your nite!
Kea::curls

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by suqiit on 2nd March 2011, 9:56 pm

Ok, so I think you ladies are totally selling me on the twist out w/ a flower, or some sort of embellishment. Now I need to find the perfect 1st date outfit (why is dating so expensive???) lol! I am so excited though!

@Aimward, OMGosh, I grew up in the Bay! Do you know where Castro Valley is???
suqiit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by slimwithabs on 3rd March 2011, 12:57 am

You're going to fine. Have a great time. Remember NOT to much product. Oh, let us know how it turns out.
slimwithabs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 on 3rd March 2011, 3:35 am

because my hair is not long enough for this style and this is a style i have been obsessing with i would wear my hair like that for a first date [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
creolebeauty1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 on 3rd March 2011, 3:36 am

i'l be willing to get the clothes as well lol
creolebeauty1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard on 3rd March 2011, 7:30 am

suqiit wrote:Ok, so I think you ladies are totally selling me on the twist out w/ a flower, or some sort of embellishment. Now I need to find the perfect 1st date outfit (why is dating so expensive???) lol! I am so excited though!

@Aimward, OMGosh, I grew up in the Bay! Do you know where Castro Valley is???

Yup. I go to the 24 hour fitness in Castro Valley twice a week after work.
AimWard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 on 3rd March 2011, 10:42 am

For a bigger twist-out or braid out do your twists/braids on slightly damp or dry hair (just "wet" with whatever product you're using).
BajanPrincess82

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suqiit on 3rd March 2011, 7:29 pm

@ bajanprincesss82 those never ever work for me, I end up a HOT MESS! I wish they did though, because they are soooooo pretty on everyone else!

I was out today and forgot to pick up a hair accessory, but don't fear ladies! This evening I am finishing up my final lift and color session! I have a small triangle at the front that is blonde, and I am blonde behind my ears ;-) I'm a sucker for in your face funky hair! I'm bleaching right now, and deep conditioning the rest of my hair at the same time. Doing my date check list (mani, pedi, facial, etc). I will try to post a few pictures in the morning so you can see the final results. And my date is in the morning, because they work nights. Great for me, I don't have school on fridays Very Happy
suqiit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top