CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Long Gone!!!

+2
JessiWantsCurls
MissFierce21
6 posters

Go down

Hair Long Gone!!! Empty Hair Long Gone!!!

Post by MissFierce21 1st March 2011, 7:58 pm

Hello Ladies...
I'm been having this feeling of resentment I can no longer keep on my mind.
March 21, 2011 I will be 2 years natural, however, I big chopped December 19, 2010...and I mean really chopped. I transitioned 3 weeks, and after growing my hair 3 inches down my back, I cut it all off (1/4 inch)!!! Now I miss it more than ever and every time I see all the ladies with the pretty styles the can achieve with longer hair, I feel a knot in my stomach because of my foolishness.
Here's the scoop:
My fiance bought me a Chi and a week later I decided to straighten my hair, but that wasn't the problem, I took all the proper steps. An hour later we went out and it rained, my hair reverted, after spending so much time straightening it. Bad enough I was upset because of not having enough time to style my hair through the week because of my new job.

Yeah this is just a rant. I miss my hair. I know it's just hair, but I don't want to go through the summer with a twa again and I'm getting married in May. Styling may be a challenge. What was I thinking???
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Hair Long Gone!!! Empty Re: Hair Long Gone!!!

Post by JessiWantsCurls 1st March 2011, 8:29 pm

I'm sorry you feeling discouraged.
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st March 2011, 9:23 pm

I'm sorry Sad I would suggest you start searching now for ways you would like to wear your hair for your wedding. Is your avatar the current length of your hair?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 1st March 2011, 10:38 pm

Congratulations on the wedding. I wont bore you with the "its just hair", that sounds very fustrating. Maybe a weave for the wedding? A natural hair weave, you can style those into updo's they're very pretty!
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFierce21 2nd March 2011, 1:36 pm

Thanks for the advice ladies...
Most of me don't regret cutting my hair because I love it more now than in the past, but when I look back, it's like wow...there was so much dedication and the many styles that could have been achieved.

Now that I've started over, I'm learning what works for me by experience only, which in my opinion is the best thing I could have ever done. My first time around I only used natural products and they worked great, however, like all things there were some misses. Now, I'm doing a challenge using only natural products, only commercial products, and a mixture of both for a period of time, and to my surprise, my hair likes option 3 better.

A few other things I've noticed...
My hair is growing at a faster rate ( and no, I'm not pregnant, LOL, you know how us Southern'ers are)
and my curl pattern and texture is totally different?!?! I'm not one for hair typing, but my hair use to be mostly dry with no curl pattern whatsoever unless my hair was wet, but I was perfectly fine with that. At the time, I didn't have a routine, and I was eating from everyone's table instead of seeing what works for me. Don't get me wrong, advice is good, but it also have to be tailor after receiving it to make sure it's fit for you.

Once again, thanks ladies
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFierce21 2nd March 2011, 1:39 pm

[quote="Lynnieluve"]I'm sorry Sad I would suggest you start searching now for ways you would like to wear your hair for your wedding. Is your avatar the current length of your hair?[/quote]

Lynnieluve--no ma'am that picture is from May 2010...I haven't updated because I was barely on line, due to car accident.
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 4th March 2011, 12:06 pm

I feel your pain. I am one year natural this April. I decided it was time for a good trim since I did my own bc last year. My 6-8 inches of hair is now 2-4 inches. No more afro puff, no more twistouts:( I'm so pissed b/c to me that's way too much to take off for a trim. I feel like I lost 6 months of growth. Alas, life goes on. I'm going to wear sew ins for the next few months so I do not dwell on it. If I can't see it, I won't obsess over it. I haven't even been on the hair boards all week cuz I can't stand to see everyone else's hair.
The good news: it's now very soft and defined. It has a cute shape and is not lopsided. I know it will grow great and healthy. I'm just too impatient and gonna hide it for a while!
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by Onebyd42 7th March 2011, 3:10 pm

See MissFierce something good came out of your experience because now you are learning your hair and what works for YOU and you now have a curl pattern you didnt have before and your hair is growing faster than before.

Sometimes things happen for reasons we dont understand and maybe you cutting your hair was something subconsciously you needed to do and now you are reaping the benefits. Good luck with your upcoming wedding and hope you have a fast recovery from your auto accident.
Onebyd42
Onebyd42

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFierce21 8th March 2011, 8:59 pm

Thanks Ladies...you all are such great supporters. And thanks for the concern Onebyd42...yes ma'am the recovery was pretty well, but I'm still fight for a lawsuit. LOL!
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down