CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My baby made HAIR REQUEST for her 6th Birthday

+14
Jo Somebody
tresmom08
krazy coils
freckledmom4
cagebird
curlytee
sweetdrk1
KandyLandKurls
Nessa101
NikG20
slimwithabs
fanmnatirel
Lynnieluve
oooop2
18 posters

Go down

My baby made HAIR REQUEST for her 6th Birthday Empty My baby made HAIR REQUEST for her 6th Birthday

Post by oooop2 27th February 2011, 12:50 am

She requested for me to flat-iron her hair. It was the first time heat has EVER touched her hair. Took me 2hrs of accomplish from wash to completion.

Thanks for letting me share Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

My baby made HAIR REQUEST for her 6th Birthday Empty Re: My baby made HAIR REQUEST for her 6th Birthday

Post by Lynnieluve 27th February 2011, 1:12 am

She has a beautiful head of hair like her momma!!! That smile says it all!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

My baby made HAIR REQUEST for her 6th Birthday Empty Re: My baby made HAIR REQUEST for her 6th Birthday

Post by fanmnatirel 27th February 2011, 1:15 am

man!!! she has nice hair...

and yeah...you could tell that she was happy by that smile...

beautiful...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by slimwithabs 27th February 2011, 1:20 am

Ahh she's beautiful
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 27th February 2011, 2:30 am

I'm surprised it only took 2 hours. Her hair is so thick and gorgeous. What was your entire process?
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 27th February 2011, 2:30 am

And happy birthday to her!!
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 27th February 2011, 12:47 pm

NikG20 wrote:I'm surprised it only took 2 hours. Her hair is so thick and gorgeous. What was your entire process?

Thanks everyone for the compliment. She's a fun kid!!

Nik...I can wash her hair loose, so I washed 2 times w/ HE Totally Twisted Shampoo, then apply Totally Twisted condish. I let it sit on her for about 10min before rinsing. After I rinsed, I applied some Pantene leave in condish, placed hair into 4 sections, and applied 4 chunky twist. Then I took down 1 twist at a time and applied some Moroccan oil to each twist and detangled. Once detangled, I applied heat protectant and retwisted. Once all sections were detangled and heat protectant applied, I blow dried each section using a brush. Then once all sections were done, I went through each section w/ the flat iron. I didn't want her hair to be bone straight, so I used med heat on blow dry and low heat on flat-iron. After I flat irons, i applied some oil to her scalp and placed in a ponytail.

BTW Nik, I have a question. My kids are doing a day camp for 6wks were they swim 5 days a week. Sounded great at the time, by all of a sudden doing their hair daily is starting to freak me out. How would you style your daughter's hair if she was going to swim every day?
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 27th February 2011, 2:13 pm

Her hair is so pretty! and Happy Birthday to her Very Happy
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by KandyLandKurls 27th February 2011, 7:04 pm

Aww she looks so happy! Happy 6th birthday!
KandyLandKurls
KandyLandKurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th February 2011, 9:59 pm

happy birthday, I love it! You did an Awesome job!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by curlytee 27th February 2011, 10:12 pm

OOOP2, Your daughter's hair is just as Beautiful as yours. This will surly be one of many happy hair bonding stories with Mommy.
curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Post by slimwithabs 27th February 2011, 11:05 pm

Simply beautiful. I luv those styles for myself lol.
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Post by cagebird 28th February 2011, 12:10 am

Her hair looks so healthy!! Good job mom!
cagebird
cagebird

http://www.darkerthanbrown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 28th February 2011, 12:08 pm

She has a beautiful head of hair and only 2 hours? Go Mom! Happy Birthday little one!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 28th February 2011, 1:22 pm

Her hair is gorgeous! So thick and healthy!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by tresmom08 28th February 2011, 2:32 pm

Her Hair is beautiful....Happy birthday as well....I would suggest maybe doing braids or cornrolls...it would be easy to rinse after swimming and keep moisturized. My daughter is taking swim lessons in march and thats what I plan to do. Good luck and keep up the good work woot!
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

Post by KandyLandKurls 28th February 2011, 3:19 pm

I agree doing braids or cornrows, my daughter is also taking swimming lessons and I plan on putting conditoner on her hair prior to swimming and rinsing her hair when she is finished and re-apply conditioner.
KandyLandKurls
KandyLandKurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 2nd March 2011, 1:42 pm

oooop2 wrote:
NikG20 wrote:I'm surprised it only took 2 hours. Her hair is so thick and gorgeous. What was your entire process?

Nik...I can wash her hair loose, so I washed 2 times w/ HE Totally Twisted Shampoo, then apply Totally Twisted condish. I let it sit on her for about 10min before rinsing. After I rinsed, I applied some Pantene leave in condish, placed hair into 4 sections, and applied 4 chunky twist. Then I took down 1 twist at a time and applied some Moroccan oil to each twist and detangled. Once detangled, I applied heat protectant and retwisted. Once all sections were detangled and heat protectant applied, I blow dried each section using a brush. Then once all sections were done, I went through each section w/ the flat iron. I didn't want her hair to be bone straight, so I used med heat on blow dry and low heat on flat-iron. After I flat irons, i applied some oil to her scalp and placed in a ponytail.

BTW Nik, I have a question. My kids are doing a day camp for 6wks were they swim 5 days a week. Sounded great at the time, by all of a sudden doing their hair daily is starting to freak me out. How would you style your daughter's hair if she was going to swim every day?

What a lovely thing to say! I do wonder sometimes how many parents see their children as fun and enjoy spending time with them and how many just had kids because that's what you do. I hope your relationship continues to grow and the love and fun stays there throughout your lives. Smile Happy birthday to her. Isn't she a lucky girl! Like a Star @ heaven
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd March 2011, 3:36 am

wow, so long, pretty snd thick Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 3rd March 2011, 3:01 pm

Wow! Happy birthday to her! Y'all have some gorgeous hair!! Good job flat ironing it too!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 3rd March 2011, 11:47 pm

oooop2 wrote:

I would do box braids. A took swimming lessons late last year, not for long since it was getting cold, and I kept her hair in box braids. They held up really well. I would wet her hair before she went in and add some conditioner, usually a leave-in or just coconut oil, then rinsed her hair when she was done. I usually cowashed afterwards. If I remember correctly, I deep conditioned her hair before putting the box braids in.
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 4th March 2011, 1:10 pm

Gorgeous! She has the Rudy Huxtable thick, healthy hair! Love it!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by naomimaxine927 6th March 2011, 7:15 pm

She has beautiful hair. I hope she enjoyed her birthday!
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down