I BC'd TWA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I BC'd TWA

Post by Song_Bird on 25th February 2011, 1:34 pm

•When you first chopped, what were your thoughts and feelings? How do you feel now?
-When i first BC'd i was very shocked on how I looked. I was afraid of what others were going to think but i was also very proud of myself because I know it takes alot to be able to cut your hair this short, especially at the age of 15! My thought were all over. Not knowing how to work it just yet. Now, a month later i'm coming around to it. I'm learning how to style it more as days go on.

•How did you cope with the responses from your family and friends?
-My aunt went natural and BC'd for the second time in about 4 years about 5 months ago. So she cut it for me & loved it. She was VERY proud! My mom wasn't very crazy about it at first but she came along quickly. At school i got alot of positive comments & some negative of course (its high school). But I walked in there rockin my twa & my boyfriend actually is loving it!

•What are your plans for your hair (do you plan to grow it out, keep it short)?
-I plan on growin out my TWA & letting it just do its thing. I want it BIG & CURLY!

•Do you find it necessary to 'doll up' your look to feel more feminine?
-I wasn't really sure about it but as soon as i came home, my mom took me to get make-up. Dolling it up is such an amazing help

•If so, what are your favorite accessories, or go to ways to glam up your look?
-My favorite accessories are jus hoops & mascara. Not too much.

•How do you keep it moisturized?
- I use Miss Jessies buttercream moisturizer and hotsix oil. Plus any good conditioner.

•What products and techniques do you use to style? How often do you style?
- I just wash & go every morning befor school. I still haven't really figured it out quite yet, hjelp is greatly appreciated. Smile
•How do you get your waves or curls popping?
- I use SoftSheen-Carson mango oil & butter cucuaco butter; Butter Whip Coil Cream & then mix it with Perfect results Hair Custard. and it works very well on my hair.
[flash][/flash]
Song_Bird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I BC'd TWA

Post by Aunt_Lola on 25th February 2011, 1:53 pm

Congratulations on your BC Song_Bird!
You look lovely with a twa. Smile

I did my BC in the beginning of 2008 and it's APL now after a bunch of trims, but I love answering surveys. lol

When you first chopped, what were your thoughts and feelings? How do you feel now?
When I first chopped I was excited, relieved and SCARED at how people would respond.
After a couple of days I was very comfortable with it and LOVED it! I love you

How did you cope with the responses from your family and friends?
There were a couple of family members that were derogatory and negative, but I got over it easily after getting compliments from other people. I figured that they were used to seeing me with long hair, so 2 inches was quite a shock.

What are your plans for your hair (do you plan to grow it out, keep it short)?
I've been growing it out since my BC and plan to continue growing.
Right now it's at APL.

Do you find it necessary to 'doll up' your look to feel more feminine?
I definitely did with my twa.

If so, what are your favorite accessories, or go to ways to glam up your look?
I always wore lipgloss and earrings. Sometimes mascara.

How do you keep it moisturized?
I would co-wash daily and throw in a shampoo & deep conditioner once or twice a week.

What products and techniques do you use to style? How often do you style?
I used whatever conditioner smelled good to me to condition and as a leave-in/styler.
I styled daily and still find it hard to go more than a day without washing & styling.

How do you get your waves or curls popping?
My hair is really fine so even when I had a twa my curls were hard to keep defined.
After a while I pretty much gave up since my hair doesn't like most gels or styling products and just used conditioner as a leave-in/styler. If it was still dry I would mix the conditioner with some evoo.

Good luck with your hair growth Song_Bird and all you ladies sporting a twa.

Aunt_Lola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng on 25th February 2011, 2:00 pm

When you first chopped, what were your thoughts and feelings? How do you feel now?
I've had short hair now for YEARS - it was just relaxed. I was actually really happy to cut it off because dealing with those two textures during transition was rough for me. I had my last relaxer in Dec 2010, so I didn't last long. I'm impatient.

Actually, everyone loves it. BUT, if they didn't, I wouldn't care. It's my hair. I don't care what other people think about it. Never have. Not even my husband.

I'm 46. I've had years with natural long hair and relaxed long hair. I prefer my hair shorter. It is honestly my plan to keep my hair short. I want to be able to do wash & go's. When it gets to the point where I have to start doing twists and braids and stuff, it will be too long.

I'm not doing anything different with my makeup or accessories. I've been wearing more colorful eyeshadows for about 6 months now, and I think my makeup accentuates my hair. (At least I like to think so.)

I do my makeup every day and put on some earrings and a necklace. That's about it.

My hair looked really dry, no matter what I used - and I've bought darn near everything in the 3 weeks I've been natural. It was not until I got my Qhemets AOHC and OHHB the other day that my hair stopped looking dry. That stuff is amazing at adding moisture.

I have been washing and conditioning my hair each morning, but this morning I just rinsed it. I think I will do that more often. Normally though, I wash with my Giovanni shampoo, condition with Curls conditioner, towel pat, add some Knot Today Leave In and rub it in real good. About 10 mins after that, I add whichever curl thingy I'm gonna use that day and then I don't touch it for 15 mins or so. I follow with some type of sealant. Sometimes I sleep with conditioner or a leave in with a plastic cap under my scarf.

The trick for me is to apply my product, manipulate my hair like I want, and then leave it alone until it's almost dry. My curls are so much better defined when I do that. Once it's dry, I then rake my fingers through it to spread the curls out, so to speak.
yldthng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 on 26th February 2011, 10:11 am

I will come back to answer this! Congrats Song!
sweetdrk1

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 on 26th February 2011, 11:02 am

When you first chopped, what were your thoughts and feelings?
[color=orange]I was used to having short hair so I felt that it was not a big deal to me I was working alot at the time so it was very convient for me [/color]

How do you feel now?
[color=orange]I am in love with Shamekia(hair name) She has come such a very long long way[/color]

[color=orange]I think that they were use to me having short hair so no one said anything to me about it at the time[/color]

[color=orange]I am going to let her grow to really see how long it will get then I think I am cut it but no too short I will just see what happens[/color]

[color=orange]At first I did but I just wanted to do me so if I didnt feel like dolling up I didnt[/color]

[color=orange]I have always wore large earrings but now I wear alot of hair acessories like flowers or barretts[/color]

[color=orange]Honestly I am still having problems with that so I feel that I have tried everything but I have been using Oyin honeyhemp conditioner, Curls tea tree deep conditioner, Huietiful steamer, & Oyin honey dew, & co washing weekly [/color]

[color=orange]I wear alot of two strand twist & then I just wear an afro w/an acessory or pin it up [/color]

[color=orange]I really havent done that since the summer so I usually wear the twist & thats it for me[/color]
Sebastain13

View user profile http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum