CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel, styling gel..

+5
ajsimmons8
NaturallyLovinIt
yldthng
NeeC1
NaturallyBriaful
9 posters

Go down

Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel, styling gel.. Empty Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel, styling gel..

Post by NaturallyBriaful 25th February 2011, 12:31 pm

Hey eveyone, I wanted to talk about the Olive Oil. I tried it on my hair and i dont like the way it feels, It feels hard and crunchy. I dont see what the hype is about this product. How does it makes you all's hair feel? Or am i the only one who feels this way?
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel, styling gel.. Empty Re: Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel, styling gel..

Post by NeeC1 25th February 2011, 1:06 pm

Hi NaturallyBriaful ...
I have that gel (got it from Sally's for $2.49) ... I've used it a teeny tiny bit, but because I'm still transitioning (for the the time being), I haven't really used it used it. I have a recipe for the Eco Custard that I want to try before I totally discount it. You hate to do it, but one thing about the product is that it's not one of the more expensive ones, so passing it won't hurt as much. Smile

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel, styling gel.. Empty Re: Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel, styling gel..

Post by yldthng 25th February 2011, 1:26 pm

I bought some the other day, but haven't used it yet. I'm going to make the Eco-Custard as well. I think if you had a bit of oil to your hair before you apply it, it will eliminate the crunch.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyLovinIt 27th February 2011, 6:00 pm

Ive used the olive oil gel and like yldthng said if you use a but of oil before it will take away the crunch but still hold. I used it yesterday on my finger coils and it was great. also sometimes with gel a lil goes a long way so just take note of how much your putting on as well. I know with some of my finger coils that i put tooo much gel in had a lil hardness even with the oil but tonight when i do them im going to use less gel
NaturallyLovinIt
NaturallyLovinIt

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 27th February 2011, 7:32 pm

I love the Eco Olive Oil Gel, but in order to not have the hard crunchies, I put either my shea mixture or my mango butter mixture on my hair first and then put the gel on. I tried it with just straight oil first but found that my hair was too oily - the butters work best for me.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by slimwithabs 28th February 2011, 4:13 pm

I use the Reg. Eco Gel. but I put Grapeseed on hair first then apply it.
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Post by swt_sunny 28th February 2011, 5:37 pm

i'm still transitioning so it could be a different story once the relaxed parts are gone but i found that under a leave in/oil my hair actually doesn't feel too bad with the olive oil eco styler. i prefer the olive oil version to the regular so far...has anyone tried the other versions (i've seen pink, brown etc.)? i know they all have different levels 'hold' supposedly; maybe that will make a difference.

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by njfree 28th February 2011, 6:02 pm

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/product/311536/Eco_Styler_Krystal_Styling_Gel/ I took my eco olive oil gel back to sally's once i saw that all the eco gel's pretty much have all the same ingredients. check out this website. hope it hepls :)1
njfree
njfree

Back to top Go down

Post by ReRe71 28th February 2011, 7:03 pm

I mix it with evoo and evco to make the eco custard...no crunchiness at all. When I used to do wng's I made sure I used a good leave-in underneath.
ReRe71
ReRe71

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down